Tibetan Aid Project
Tibetan Aid Project rebuilds, preserves, strengthens, and perpetuates Tibet’s cultural and spiritual heritage for the benefit of the Tibetan people and all humanity.
Our primary program:
- Funding the production, shipment, and distribution of sacred texts, art, and prayer wheels for donation to institutions and individuals in the Himalayan region.
Other program activities:
- Sponsoring ceremonies important to sustaining the lineages of all Tibetan Buddhist schools.
- Providing financial support for monastic centers, lamas, monks, nuns, and lay people.
- Promoting awareness of Tibet’s heritage in the West through publications, presentations, exhibits, and the production and sale of culturally significant items.
Tibetan Aid Project’s staff and Board members are committed to the values articulated in our guiding principles:
- We value Tibet’s ancient tradition of meditative insight into the potential of human consciousness, passed down from teacher to student as a living lineage for more than twelve centuries.
- We respect the knowledge that Tibet can offer the world as a means to secure peace on Earth and honor the worth of all beings.
- We apply in our work the practice of skillful means, making work a means of deep satisfaction and inner growth.
- We strive to practice generosity, ethical conduct, patience, intensity of effort, focus, and wisdom in our work and in our interactions.
- We focus to meet the most urgent needs of the Tibetan people and maximize the value of each donor’s contribution.
- We support the education of young Tibetans, mindful that the next generation will determine the future of this great civilization.
- We collaborate with a network of nonprofit Buddhist organizations, each working in its own way to preserve the heritage of Tibet.
- We donate our services as individuals, so that funds can go directly to programs that benefit Tibetans, enabling them to share their wisdom and compassion worldwide.