Finding Our Balance: Lessons on the 4 Immeasurables
As we all navigate the changes and turmoil of COVID-19, we need tools to understand the suffering we are experiencing, as well as the pain of others in the world. How can we counteract our feelings of sadness, despair, fear, anger, guilt, envy, or indifference?
The Buddha taught that the path to overcome suffering begins with developing an open heart. He identified four qualities that help with this: loving-kindness, compassion, joyfulness, and equanimity. These are known as the Four Immeasurables because each quality is boundless and limitless in nature. By practicing these qualities, we begin to bring great benefits and peace to ourselves and others.
In this 4-session series, we will explore each Immeasurable through discussion, chanting, Tibetan yoga, and meditation. All are welcome, especially those who are new to meditation or Buddhism.
SCHEDULE: Every Wednesday 5:00-6:30pm via Zoom starting June 10th
You may register at any time.
Class 1: June 10 – Loving-Kindness
Class 2: June 17 – Compassion
Class 3: June 24 – Joyfulness
Class 4: July 1 – Equanimity
Notes for Online Classes:
- Your Zoom link will be emailed to you upon registration.
- Please download Zoom.
- Please have a strong internet connection.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before start time.
- You will need a quiet, uninterrupted space.
- You can use a meditation cushion or chair for the meditation.
- The session will be recorded and shared with each person who registers.